Wednesday 24 February 2010

What to do

I was lucky to have been given a Polymetaal printing press for Christmas or rather persuaded into getting one but it makes me happy nevertheless.

As it was bigger and heavier than I expected this gave me the great chance of having a sort out, trying to fit it in somewhere. I managed to fit it into the spare bedroom which is now a lovely print room for us all to enjoy. I think my husband was hoping I would have a big clear out but no I’ve managed to keep hold of everything and re-arrange so it all just fits… well into about 20 boxes in my loft studio!

Whilst going through my things I came across a box of felt that I made when I was doing my City and Guilds Felt Making Level 3 as a part of my staff development.

This was taught by Lizzie Houghton in exactly the same classroom I taught in during the morning which couldn’t have been more perfectly organised. The class was a really lovely group which included Cathy Urwin, who is also one of the e17 designers. Ray Slater, who was also there as part of her staff development and who went on to publish a good book called cloth dolls for textile artists.

Here are three large pieces that I didn’t manage to finish whilst I was there. Now I’m all confused trying to decide what to do with them. Do I throw them away, finish them off, cut them up or should I just sneak them back in the box for another few more years.

Sharon



2 comments:

Craft Arena said...

The blue one looks like licorice allsorts! You must do something with them, even if you do cut them up and create something else!

sharon young said...

love the licorice allsorts sample, it would be great to make something from this.
I bought the book last year from the K&S show, it's one of those things that I've put on the back burner but know i will have to have ago at.