Tuesday 9 February 2010

Material girl’s exhibition:

Some of my friends and old students are having an exhibition as part of the Material Girls. I went along today with Jill, one of the exhibitors and friend who I met at college quite a few years ago. Although I was invited to the private view I don’t usually like them as they are usually busy and you don't get a good chance to see the work properly, so I was lucky today and got to view the work at a quiet time.

Jill's recent work in this exhibition is based around skeletons and as we meet up every Monday and work
together I have been living with these skeletons for a while now and have grown to love them. So it was great to see little red spots on over her work and 3 commissions on order, well done Jill!

The other work was good too so if you live near by please pop in. It's at the visual arts centre on Brentwood Road in Romford until Saturday 6th Feb.
Phone for opening times on 01708 447368 ext 238


Sorry the photos aren't that great as I took them on m
y new phone, I think I need a bit more practice!


Sharon

No comments: