Tuesday 9 February 2010

My first attempts at lino printing on my own

Since doing the printing course, I've got a bit obsessed with anything print related. So after talking my mum into getting a printing press for christmas (she wanted one as well so it just wasnt my idea, well that's what I tell myself!!) and then spending a fortune in the print shop on inks and paper I thought I had better actually start some prints.

I was happy with my first lino cut and hoped that it would work when printed as I had some really fine lines for details such as the hand and face.

But I don't think i've quite got the hang of the printing process just yet as you can see from my disastrous results. A little more ink and a bit more pressure and I think I might just be getting there. Fingers crossed for round two.

Kirsten





No comments: