Monday 23 May 2011

Brighton and Hove Artists Open Houses....

This week end we went to Brighton and Hove for their annual Artists Open Houses event where all the local artists open their houses and studios to let you in and see their amazing work.

There's a lot to see with over 254 venues on their map so we picked a few areas and hit them with full force, leaving us incredibly party pooped but full of inspiration at the end of the week end.

Here are a few of my favourites that I saw along the way....

My favourite prints were at the Ink Spot Press which had a mixture of amazing and incredibly professional prints. The kind that I one day hope to be able to create!


Hebe Vernon-Morris' prints at the Printhouse:


Thea Telfords
work at Betty and Friends:





This was an amazing house and collection of art work, Polish and Pin, where they had a cafe take over their kitchen to supply lovely home made food which you could enjoy on the terraced garden:


Martha Mitchell
at Albert Mews Studio had amazing little tiles with her illustrations on:


Also in the Hove area is Nigel French who had some amazing photography and prints at very reasonable prices. If only it had been pay day!!


This was another amazing house and garden, Deryk Parkin at Stables Studio. The other great thing about the Open Houses is seeing all the amazing houses that people live in, you've probably guessed i'm incredibly nosey : ) but this one is definitely worth going out of your way for a visit.
Another amazing house and great collection of work was at the Dragonfly House, which also has a great picture framer if you need it. This was the work of Vanessa Rattray which I love, with the kind of detail on her pictures that you can stare at for ages and always see something new.


I couldn't leave without getting something so on one of our last visits I got a piece of pottery from Bebe Bird at the Hummingbird Studio for my birthday next week. I absolutely love it and got to talk to the artist who created it, mainly about my clumsiness and how not to break it in future! I'll post a pic in situ when I receive it, hopefully all in one piece!!

Kirsten

No comments: