Tuesday 21 September 2010

Printing follow up.....

Here are the other prints I was working on which I finally managed to print up. It's so satisfying when you peel up the paper once its gone through the press to see the final images. Especially after spending hours bent over the lino carving it out. I love this blue printing ink I got recently. I tried to mix in some red to get a purple which didn't quite work but I did get this lovely plum colour instead. That's the other great thing about printing you never quite know what you're going to end up with. I'll be adding them to our Etsy shop soon, so keep an eye out for them there.






After spending a weekend on a boat I think that's going to be my next attempt on some prints. In my next life I am definitely going to live on a boat and be a hippy artist.
It's so peaceful and calming, here is where Paul's dad lives, in a marina just outside Nottingham. So you can see why I am always trying to fit in a visit to the in-laws!

Kirsten

No comments: