Friday 3 September 2010

30th Birthdays....

This year it was all of our 30th birthdays so to mark such a big milestone I decided I would make a print for all of my friends. The idea was to use some images from a daytrip we all went on to Beth Chatto's garden in Spring - yes we are old before our time, we even had a cup of tea and handmade cakes in the cafe and were the youngest there by a good 20 years!

I have finally finished the prints after all of their birthdays have come and gone but I think it was worth the wait - I only hope they do too!!

Here are the lino's that I cut out - I love this kind of lino it is so easy to carve through, would def recommend it to anyone who's new out there. I find it a lot better than the traditional lino but that's just my opinion.



and here are the results....
I printed them on various kinds of paper including my favourite, French vintage paper, taken from old books from Paris, and in various colours, although purple is my favourite.
I've also just put them onto Etsy so if you're interested then go to our Etsy store. for only £15 with free postage and packaging in the UK. I can make a custom order to the colour of your choice as well.


So from the success of those i'm now onto my next ones to build up a little collection. Here are the drawings so far and i'll show you the results when I get going.....

ooh if anyone can recommend a pen to draw straight onto the lino with i'd be very grateful, i'm finding biro's a bit stiff but when I use Pilot drawing pens I end up covered in ink!!

1 comment:

Gina said...

Beautiful images, especially the prints on the old book pages.