Friday 23 April 2010

2 years in the making....

and finally it's finished!

So it was about 2 years ago since I promised friends that i'd paint them a picture. I had the ideas all lined up but never actually got round to starting it. Then they announced that they were leaving for Ireland so I had to get my rear into gear and get it moving. I didn't quite make their deadline but i've finished it and just need to send it over.

It's not like anything i've ever done before and there were a few scary moments where I had Dean from Barleylands talk me into just going for it with splattering paint, I think I managed to get more on his floor than on the canvas!!

As it's a picture for a couple it features Josh, a keen rugby player from New Zealand and Axelle, a keen dancer from France. You can't quite see in the photo but there are textured shapes and reference images of their countries making up the background. Then I added both of their flags and home towns and merged it altogether with their favourite colours. I love the way the figures merge into one another considering the contrast between the professions.

I just need to box it up and hope it doesnt get damaged in transit... oh and that they like it!!


1 comment:

Gina said...

It's fabulous!