Thursday 15 January 2015

Peace and quiet.....

after what feels like a very hectic Christmas, shown by lack of blogs, I now have some peace and quiet. Especially as Eloise has started playschool for 15 whole hours a week, which feels amazing to finally have some more time on my hands!!

So things I didn't get a chance to share with you last year:
From the Family Learning festival at Havering Adult College one lovely mum left me some great feedback here (scroll down to Marbling madness and Fairies and Witches!): http://www.kidsactivityexpo.com/news/

I also took part in a creative team building day. I had never done one of these before and we all had a lot of fun. I divided the group into two teams and gave them a blown up Matisse image cut into 8 A4 pages. Working as a group they had to print each A4 image using the string and cardboard technique and assemble into the final Matisse Sorrow of the King image. I chose Matisse as he used simple, bold shapes which I felt catered for all levels so even if people felt they had little creative ability they would all be able to tackle this.




It was really interesting to see how people take different angles to look at things and the different approaches used but the results were brilliant. 



I love the background texture made when the ink slightly hits the printing plate. Though the groups had the same image it was really interesting to see how creatively different they were....


I thoroughly enjoyed the session and had some great feedback so I'd love to do some more.

No comments: