Tuesday 24 April 2012

School's out.....

All of my classes for Class have now come to an end. The girls are all frantically finishing off their last bits for their City & Guilds machine embroidery. I’ve had a lovely group of ladies once again who have made it a pleasure to teach and I’m very proud of the work that they have produced.

I’ve also had my last week end class of felt making which was really good fun. I’m always amazed at how hard the girls work and how much they produce as its only a 2 day course. We made flat felt, nuno felt, felt bowls and beads for necklaces all in that short amount of time! Here's some pictures from the course.......

 

One of the girls pointed out Alexander Palace from the window.....


View from another window.....


 In action.....


Some of the finished pieces.....




We’re already talking about next year’s classes and I’m doing a 5 week fabric book class; a five week silk paper and fabric paper with hand and machine embroidery class; patchwork; and felt making for starters so watch this space for other classes coming along.

I also went away for Easter to Northamptonshire to the Flame Off show. Last year my husband and I did a glass making course learning how to make glass beads at Barleylands. We got a bit addicted and for Christmas my husband got a kiln and all the equipment to start making the beads. We heard about the Flame Off show and off we went to see the wonders of glass bead making. They even had tents with demonstrations where my husband learnt a few new techniques. So with more equipment bought and filled with inspiration he’s taken over my spare room and turned it into a little workshop. We’ve all put our orders in and now have some lovely beads that I’m looking forward to turning into a necklace.

Sharon

No comments: