Saturday 25 February 2012

Defeated by little stitches........

When I was pregnant I had visions that I would be making lots of cute and quirky little things for my new baby and I started with a cute little kimono style cardi. So baby needles in hand and merino wool (pink for my little girl) off I would skip to work on the train and knit the whole journey there and home again. If anyone's ever tried knitting on a packed tube you'll understand it's impossible without elbowing the person sat next to you. So I didn't get that far, not to worry I thought, i've got a whole month off before baby comes i'll do it then. Then we moved into the new house, not to worry I thought i'm knitting the 3-6 month size i've got plenty of time to knit! Little did I know about new babies...... so one back, 2 front parts and half an arm later.......

All those tiny little stitches......


and my little girl, well she's not exactly little being in the 91% for weight and height, is now tight in her 6-9 month clothes and she's only 5 months old.

So the little stitches defeated me and I had no option but to.....

yep pull it apart, all those journeys knitting and in 1/2 hour all gone. So onto the next project which is making curtains for her room which I know will be done in no time and something that she can't grow out of!

No comments: