Thursday 13 January 2011

Well I have nearly finished the two pieces for the Embroidery Guilds exhibition.

Wendy bought white canvas for all the Guild members to take home and then sew whatever way they wanted, the only clause being that it had to be white. I started well and all was looking white until I thought why not add some iridescent white sequins and some iridesce
nt machine embroidery, both seem to be white but then I discovered they change to pink when being used!! Oops so I’ve broken the rules already and I’ve only just started!

They should have been handed in on Saturday but I have been so busy that I haven’t managed to finish them but they are nearly there. Here are some pics…..




The grey one I am calling French beach. I bought an experimental pack by Stef Francis from Craft Arena and with my embellisher made a background with the pack. I love using the embellishing machine as its so quick and easy. I then took it to France to sew but I didn’t do much sewing, having too much fun on my bike! So it seems like I have been working on it for ages and at long last I now have to take it off to the framers for them to put in a box frame.


The Guild Exhibition is called Stitched Up and it runs from 08/02/11 till 18/02/11 It’s being held at the Visual Arts Centre, Romford. For more information please go to the Romford Embroiders Guild web site and look under exhibitions.

Sharon

1 comment:

Craft Arena said...

Hi Sharon, only just caught up with this. Delighted that you used an experimental pack from Craft Arena in your EG piece. I saw it at the exhibition and loved it!