Wednesday 21 July 2010

Summer Fun Teaching.....

Just thought I would tell you about the lovely couple of days teaching I have had. The City and Guilds course is all finished now so I have been doing some fun summer schools before I go away to France.

The first was a bag making class I taught which was really fun and we had a lovely time. I even had a few students that I haven’t taught before which is always nice to have some new comers to this field.


I also taught a summer family day with children and their parents. It was a lot of fun with all different classes going on around the college, they even had some belly dancers!
There were 29 children in my session and their parents all printing on fabric and hand quilting to make pencil cases. Here are some of them with their creations……

It was really nice to hear how much they enjoyed themselves so it was a really successful day.




So that’s my teaching for this academic year as I am off to France on Monday for the summer and I can’t wait, as this will be the first summer holiday my husband and I have had on our own in 32 years! We are going for 5 weeks so hopefully we’ll still be talking by the end of it!! Although I will really miss Maisie and our kids I still can’t wait until Monday.

Sharon

2 comments:

Sharne Gregory said...

I hope you enjoy your holiday in France. You should get a lot of inspiration there.
I love the bags made by your students.

I am inspired said...

Thanks. I was all packed and ready to go a week before hand!
The students worked really hard and i'm very proud of what they produced.