Wednesday 27 May 2009

Experimenting....

You know every once in while when you get really bored with what you have and want a complete change? Well we've been going through that recently and decided to take Dean Smith's art class. It's a great little Saturday morning venture out towards the country side to the little craft village that is Barleylands. Dean has his own little shop there where he holds classes in the back. Art surrounds the walls and you are never short of inspiration, especially from Dean's constant encouragement and knowledge.

This is one of Dean's amazing creations to be found in his shop (and yes that is the original LP on the canvas!):


So getting me out of my little box i've recently discovered the roller whilst painting and I can't get enough of it. I wish I had discovered this years ago, in a matter of minutes you can create your very own Jasper Johns art work. So after my new discovery i'm trying to work on a few new works. Here was where I started and I'll show you more progress soon. Kirsten


No comments: