Saturday 21 April 2018

Watercolour and cling film....

I did some experimenting with watercolour and clingfilm and I love the results.

This was my first test playing around (it even has an old 'gone wrong' painting on the back, never throw these as they're great for experimenting on and over).... I love the looseness of it;
Here was my next attempt on Khadi paper which Hazel Sloane swears by and if it's good enough for Hazel it's definitely good enough for me, it was lovely paper to paint on;
I love poppies and have some lovely poppy heads I kept from my garden last year (I hope they come back this year). I also experimented with wax resist on this at different stages and layers. 
I also played around with some teasels. These are my favourite but they did take a little longer....

I then took these along to West Horndon Art Group to show them how to use cling film to create different textures. It's such a lovely group and the time flies by I only wish I had taken some images to show you all. 

No comments: