Monday 16 April 2018

Art Group

I love teaching at art groups, they're always full of very nice and talented people. I was asked to show how to paint birch trees using a credit card and salt technique in watercolour. 

I worked on a very traditional version, using the credit card to scrape the paint for the birch trees across the paper then use a natural sponge to paint the background leaves and trees:
But all of the members of the art group wanted to experiment with colour and the wonderful textures you get from salt. So I showed them how to create these:

and here are their wonderful creations. They all look fantastic. (I wish I had my own photographer to get pictures of everyone's work so sorry if I didn't manage to capture your work). 
The main thing I love about teaching is although I show people how to paint a subject matter with the same techniques every bodies work always looks completely different. Everybody brings in their own style, own colour palette and own vision. 

No comments: