Tuesday 7 October 2014

Gotta love......

 a bit of peace! Especially in a house with little ones whose new favourite habit is slamming doors! So I finally got round to finishing a door stop I have been meaning to make, killing two birds with one stone; firstly to stop slamming doors; and secondly to make something from Poppy Teffry's "Free & Easy stitch style" book.


I got the book as a Christmas present a few years ago from my mum and have finally got a little free time on my hands (thank goodness for playschool!). 

So here's the doorstop I made.....


I wanted to try out screen printing using wax printing paper. So I drew my design onto the paper, cut out using a craft knife and stuck it down onto my screen. I then set out about a few test prints on calico and once happy I went for it on my material which to be honest wasn't the best choice. I used an upholstery fabric which I'm not sure had been treated as my paint bled slightly as you can see in the pics......



It's a great immediate process and great for people like me who are time limited and want to get something finished quickly. So no waiting around for images to be embedded onto screens and hardly any cleaning up, bonus!

No comments: