Monday 23 August 2010

VandA Architects Build Small Spaces....

A few weeks ago I had a few hours to spare so I popped along to the V&A, which is always an easy place to loose yourself for a few hours! I was in luck as well as they were holding a special architecture exhibition. The idea behind it was to bring architecture to the general public, making it easily accessible and interactive. So 7 architects and their practices came up with some really quirky and original designs. Here are some of their creations.....

Terunobu Fujimori Beetles House where you can climb up in limited numbers and enjoy a cup of tea with friends or meet new people....



This was in the medieval room which I had never been to before, it's a great little space with quirky features, clearly from churches and places of worship.


I love the random heads on this wall, which was really surreal as I didn't even notice them at first!


Here is Studio Mumbai Architects, Mumbai, India with In-between Architecture which represents the dwellings people create in the slums of Mumbai.

I loved David's head peeping up in the background! To be honest I found the sculpture of David far more awe inspiring due to its humongous scale but don't tell the architects!




My favourite of them all was Helen & Hard Architects from Stavanger in Norway with Ratatosk which took inspiration from nature and Norse mythology. I would love to have something like this in my garden.




To see the others including Vasio S/A amazing spiral booths and read more click here

Kirsten

No comments: