Friday 6 August 2010

New CD sleeve design....

Hi,

Just thought i'd share what i've been working on at the moment.
I was just given a great opportunity to design a CD cover for Imani Hekima's new song 'Shame'. Have a listen on his myspace page as he has an amazing soulful voice.
Although the video to the single is aimed to promote awareness about honour killings of girls and women the song itself is open to many interpretations of destruction.


So my starting point was trying to find an image that captured the right mood which never really came, I even made a terrible attempt to pose for one myself which was very embarassing and nothing like the great attempts I see other budding artists do on Flickr! So I ended up painting the image of the girl myself using a thick Japanese brush and black ink and am really happy with the way it came out. However it was looking a bit flat so to add some depth I put some texture in the background with layers of paint and my favourite new toy, my paint roller, and added some tears of blood dripping from the girls eyes.

We're both really pleased with the outcome so I hope the single does well, which is due to be released at the end of August, and helps to raise more awareness.


Kirsten


No comments: