Saturday 20 February 2016

Watercolour class.....

Last year I was lucky enough to teach some art classes for Havering Adult College which I am absolutely loving. I have a Tuesday morning watercolour class at the Bower Park Centre and we started off experimenting with Brusho. 

I loved playing with all the colours and here some of the results. If you've never experimented with Brusho it is great fun as you literally watch the colours explode on your paper, however because of this you can't really control them and you never know what you're going to end up with. This can either be exciting if you go with the flow or a little frustrating if you had an idea in your head of how you wanted it to go.


We also did a simple seascape image, this was taken at Holywell Bay in Cornwall where we had an amazing holiday in the summer. It definitely brings back happy memories when I see this.....

We also attempted a country landscape image....

And to finish the course, just in time for Christmas we painted a festive little robin. The other students finished theirs with backgrounds and the snowy log he was stood on which completed the picture so when I get the chance I shall take inspiration from the students and try to finish him maybe in time for next Christmas!

When teaching art it's amazing to see the creativity in the classroom and the fact that everybody's work looks completely different as they add their own styles and interpretations. I was really proud of what they achieved especially as most had not picked up a paintbrush since they were a child. I'll try to get some pictures of their amazing work to share.

No comments: