Friday 7 May 2010

100sqft exhibition.....

If you're free make sure to pop along to the 100sqft exhibition on Sunday 16th May at the Cholmeley Boys Club in Dalston.



Also
at the Launch - will be 4 large 40"x40" canvases divided into 100 squares and a load of black marker pens for you to leave your mark! Just pick a square write your name and email down so that 100sqft can get in touch with you later, and get drawing. The 4 pieces will then be exhibited at the boys club over the three days, and will be joint altogether to make a huge 10x10 grid. One of the contributing artists will be selected at random to name a charity, and then the piece will be auctioned on ebay & all proceeds donated to the charity. So get their early to bag yourself a square.


So, after a few mishaps along the way of my screen going missing in the post my piece is finally finished. I worked on two at the same time, not knowing which one would work the best and finally decided on the daffodil one. After a few attempts of working on it and getting nowhere I am really pleased with the final outcome which looks great on my wall. I think the tones might be a bit too muted for the night so if I were to do it again for the exhibition I would make it a lot bolder, probably just in black and white so fingers crossed it stands out. There's lots of layers on both, starting with my sketches and lines from my favourite song at the moment, layering over with paint and gesso (quite a few layers as I wasn't happy with the first attempts!!) and finished off with a silk screen print of one of my favourite sketches. It's also going to be online at the 100sqft website - though I have to admit that I carried on working on it from the picture shown on the website!!

Hope to see you there on the night.

Kirsten


No comments: