Sunday 15 November 2009

Printing bug....

Hello,

In October we went along to Inky Cuttlefish Studios for their 'Introduction to Printing' workshop. I loved it so much, i've now got the printing bug and want my very own studio and equipment but that won't happen anytime soon so i'm making do with my coffee table!
It was taught by Nick Morley who was great, I think he knows everything there is to know about printing and was very patient with all of our questions!! Check out his work and if you get the chance go to the V&A Museum of Childhood in Bethnal Green for the Wonderland exhibition which he is part of.


Back to the printing - there were only 6 of us on the course which made it nice and intimate and we covered silk screen printing, fabric printing, etching and lino cuts. My favourite was the etching but you end up with a tiny piece from so much effort so I might just stick to silk screen printing.

Here's a few pieces of our handiwork....



No comments: